Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!


 
At this point in my life, my Halloween costume is less about being able to carry out the idea as the idea itself. And while I was less concerned about scaring children in my earlier costumes such as the bat (SEE SLIDESHOW BELOW), now I have the additional parameter of not wanting to frighten the elderly residents in the nursing home. My costume this year (IMAGE ABOVE) functions on 2 levels. To my fellow residents, and to the staff – many of whom are in costume themselves – I am a goofy ogre. But to continue my 25-year tradition as a Queen of Halloween, this year I am a homunculus, the monstrous representation of the body's correspondence to the brain, in which the features are exaggerated according to the space they occupy (IMAGE HERE)!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, so glad to see you are continuing the tradition. However, you will always be the Ruler Lady to me! Every year at this time, I still worry that when I stick my hand into my office mailbox there will be plastic black spiders in it! Have a great Halloween, lady!
    Your pal,
    Rick Pike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray! I thought of you last night and wondered what your Halloween costume was this year. I love the scary feet!

    ReplyDelete

You may add your comments here.

Labels