Tuesday, February 10, 2015

His hysterectomy

A 37-year-old businessman from Lancashire, U.K., has been discovered to have a fully functioning womb. An MRI scan performed because he was suspected of having bladder cancer revealed a complete set of female reproductive organs. Doctors believe the man has persistent Mullerian duct syndrome (PMDS), a rare intersex condition usually diagnosed at birth or at puberty. Rather stupefied, he exclaims, "The diagnosis came as a bombshell. I’ve never seen myself as anything but an ordinary bloke who has a normal sex life. I was shocked when the consultant said I had a fully functioning set of women’s reproductive organs, and I was even having periods. It appears I could even potentially get pregnant. But I’ve been told by doctors I’ll be having a hysterectomy in the next few weeks. Bizarrely, that could lead to menopause.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may add your comments here.

Labels