Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A craving for stamps

"Food of the gods!" I always say to my CNA* Marva when she feeds me chocolate at my request. And then she reminds me that the Hoyer lift which they use to get me into bed has a maximum capacity of 350 pounds… My visitors are well aware of my love of chocolate and bring me special treats. Most recently, Sue brought me some chocolate-drizzled popcorn and Joan surprised me with some chocolate-covered strawberries. Then I read in the weird news that Belgium will soon release a set of postage stamps celebrating chocolate. They aren't scratch and sniff, but they do have the aroma of chocolate, and – when you lick them – the taste! "It is not the first scented stamp…but this time it has been combined with a flavour."

*Certified nursing assistant

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may add your comments here.

Labels