Thursday, November 1, 2012

Jack Hanna!

 

I was Jack Hanna (me above, him here) for Halloween this year, assisted by a snake, an armadillo, a parrot, and a lemur! Hanna, director emeritus of the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, had to make a hard choice last year after an owner of exotic animals in Zanesville, Ohio, released them before ending his life (see The tally in Zanesville and Zanesville aftermath). Choosing to protect public safety, he backed the decision to shoot to kill the dangerous beasts. He reflects on the loss of 48 wild animals, including 18 endangered tigers: “That was the most difficult thing that has happened in my entire career. Here I am saving animals all my life, and now having to put the animals down. Killing upsets me.” After it was over, "Jungle Jack" successfully lobbied for a new state law to regulate exotic animal ownership.

__________
For more about tigers,
start here

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahaha this cracked me up! did u collect alot of treats? or alot of coal? lol lol Lidia

    ReplyDelete

You may add your comments here.

Labels