Friday, November 16, 2012

Beware of wolves

The animal rights organization PETA objected to the presence of wolves at the November 12th premiere after-party for the film "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2. What would they think of Russian grandmother Aishat Maksudov, who killed a wolf with an ax the week before? The 56-year-old lives in the village of Novy Biryuzyak in the Republic of Dagestan, the Caucasus region of Russia. She heard a calf being mauled in the pen she was repairing. Maksudov was attacked by a wolf and fought back. She won (bloody wolf photo here, video here). She received  numerous bites to her right limbs which required hospital attention. She recounts the ordeal.:
"I was not even frightened. I stood holding the axe, and the wolf with an open mouth suddenly jumped on me. The wolf clawed into my leg, and I wanted to hit him with the axe.When I raised my arm up the wolf was just holding my hand, trying to claw my hand. I wanted to open his mouth and put my fist all the way there, all the way to his throat, but I could not open him. So I just left my hand, and the wolf was just clawing into it, pulling on it, pulling away. And then I took the axe and hit him on his head."
Aishat is now nicknamed "Wolfhound" by her friends...
_________
Related posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may add your comments here.

Labels