Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Scattered ashes

Acquiring quite a reputation for aggressively patting down children (including those with disabilities) and the elderly; objecting to breast pumps and breaking medical equipment; failing to keep their own equipment staffed and operating; and kicking babies off planes, the TSA has reached yet a new low. Here's what happened to Indianapolis resident John Gross at the Orlando International Airport, in his own words:
"They opened up my bag, and I told them, 'Please, be careful. These are my grandpa's ashes.' She picked up the jar. She opened it up. I was told later on that she had no right to even open it, that they could have used other devices, like an X-ray machine. So she opened it up. She used her finger and was sifting through it. And then she accidentally spilled it. She didn't apologize. She started laughing. I was on my hands and knees picking up bone fragments. I couldn't pick up all, everything that was lost. I mean, there was a long line behind me.I want an apology. I want an apology from TSA. I want an apology from the lady who opened the jar and laughed at me. I want them to help me understand where they get off treating people like this."
Between a quarter and a third of Gross's share of the cremated remains of Mario Mark Marcaletti remained on the floor and were presumably stepped on and later swept away by janitorial staff - despite TSA rules stating that crematory containers in carry-on baggage must pass through the X-ray machine, but under no circumstances are to be opened. Shameful.
__________
Previous posts about travel:

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may add your comments here.

Labels