Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Red letter day


"But not this morning!," wrote Sue in the best birthday card I received this year. And this is also one of those days. Today I finally mail my revised and expanded book manuscript to my publisher.

I just received word from McFarland that the only book of mine to go out of print, my Death Dictionary, has been reprinted in paperback! Not only that, it has one of my all-time favorite anatomical illustrations on the cover!

Pending acceptance of my manuscript, I can now get back to responding to my e-mail and Facebook messages, updating my health diary, and doing some pleasure reading (nonfiction, of course) outside in the sun. The weather is perfect for me right now, with highs in the low- to mid-80s! Quigley sighs in relief...

This is Emo Philips, the man quoted on the card. He is an American stand-up comic known for his wit and wordplay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may add your comments here.

Labels