Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ruler Lady passes on the ruler

The most fulfilling part of my job as graduation coordinator at the Graduate School at Georgetown University is helping students through the final bureaucratic steps necessary to deposit their theses and dissertations - hence my much-beloved nickname of "The Ruler Lady." My proudest accomplishment has been to follow the Dean's mandate to make the submission process electronic - at which time I became "The e-Ruler Lady." It is with great sadness that I announce that my health has demanded that I take an extended medical leave from the University. But it is with confidence that I hand the ruler over to our interim graduation coordinator, Johann. We have so far awarded February degrees and ordered Spring diplomas together, and tomorrow I will be showing him how to wield that ruler: we will be checking the formatting of submitted ETDs (electronic theses and dissertations) and - I hope - sending nothing but approvals and congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may add your comments here.

Labels