Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Poisonous fumes

NEVER MIX BLEACH AND AMMONIA! I heard on the news this evening that a family had been overcome by fumes and found the story on-line: About 1am this morning, a man in Fort Worth, Texas mixed Drano and bleach while cleaning a bathroom drain. The mixture created deadly chlorine gas which sent 7 of the 11 members of the family - including 4 children - to the hospital with breathing difficulty. They were released, the house was ventilated by the fire department, and disaster was averted. "We won't mix anything else, not even peanut butter and jelly," said resident Sykea Davis. This happens to be National Poison Prevention Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may add your comments here.