Friday, January 9, 2009

Follow-ups and followers

Thanks for the positive feedback about Quigley's Cabinet! It turns out that I am a natural blogger and it has quickly become integral to my life. It would be great to have more followers depicted (see sidebar), so add your image if you care to declare yourself: Follow this blog. Below are some follow-ups to earlier posts~

Leg bones: Forgot to mention that I wrote my undergraduate English thesis about Roald Dahl.

Frozen reindeer: The photograph in this post reminded me of the photo to the left. Apparently, the poles were all strung and laying down when the moose got caught up, then the utility workers unwittingly pulled them upright, unfortuate moose and all. I also found the photo I remembered of the woman who died standing up. The Wahncau case took place in a German timberyard. The 45-year-old woman displayed instantaneous cadaveric rigidity.

Big book, little book: This is the photo I came across that mirrored the book I had seen in my dream.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Blizzard of 1888: In response to this post, Jennifer Berins sent this antique image of Niagara Falls frozen over.
.
.
Traumatic skull injuries: I was never able to successfully open the electronic x-ray of my teeth that I got from my dentist.

Italy itinerary: The highlight of a tour through the Capuchin monastery in Palermo is the glass-encased mummy of Rosalia Lombardo (1918-1920). She was embalmed by Dr. Alfredo Salafia, who never revealed the secret to his very successful preservation. (See also Eva Perón.)
.
.
Public dissection of a squid: Just the other day, the Auckland Museum in New Zealand staged the public dissection of a shark.
.
Fortean Times review: Here is an actual photo of the Tocci twins illustrated on the cover of FT.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Jeremy Bentham: In exchange for a copy of Conjoined Twins, my new buddy Antler--mentioned in this post--sent me a bone, a hemocystometer, and the Dictionary for Nurses that I scanned this spread out of. Thanks, Antler!

My museum: Steve finally coughed up some photos of my Mom and sister helping me with my extreme home makeover this summer!
.
While They Slept: I had lunch with Jody not too long ago. She told me she had to fly to Oregon to testify at her brother's resentencing hearing. His sentence was reduced from 90 to 60 years, but he won't be getting out of prison.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may add your comments here.

Labels